We hope this finds you and your family healthy and happy. We appreciate your patience and understanding over the past 6 weeks. As you know, we have postponed all routine dental visits and prioritized patients with dental emergencies and urgent dental treatment that could not be delayed. This strategy has protected our patients and staff, while alleviating the burden that dental emergencies would have placed on hospital emergency departments.
Many appointment times will change slightly as we are extending appointments to allow adequate time for new procedures implemented for your health and safety. There is no need to call the office. We will call you as quickly as we can. Again, we appreciate your patience as we reschedule two months of missed appointments.
We want you to be confident that the safety and health of our patients and staff is our priority. To that end, you will notice some obvious changes in response to new CDC, ADA, and OSHA guidelines.
1. Patients will be screened over the phone when appointments are confirmed and then again at the visit. In addition, phone payments are encouraged at the confirmation call to minimize contact with office personnel and eliminate contact with payment processing devices.
2. Patients will be asked to remain in their vehicles and check in by phone upon arrival. You will then be instructed when to come up to your appointment.
3. All patients and visitors to the office are encouraged to wear a mask or cloth face covering when entering the office.
4. Temperatures will be recorded for every patient. In addition, staff temperatures will be taken twice daily.
5. Companions are prohibited with the exception of one companion with pediatric patients, patients with special needs, or elderly patients needing assistance. No companions will be allowed in the operatory and it is preferred that they return to their vehicle after the patient is seated. Any companions remaining in the reception area must social distance at 6 feet apart.
6. Magazines, toys, and other items have been removed from the reception area and front desk. Writing instruments will not be shared at the front desk.
7. As always we will continue to adhere to standard precautions which are infection prevention practices that apply to all patient care. These include hand hygiene, use of PPE, respiratory hygiene, sharps safety, safe infection practices, sterile instruments and devices, and disinfected environmental surfaces.
8. To better protect you and our staff from the coronavirus, some PPE will have changed. We chose to remain closed until we could be confident in the supply chain of this necessary PPE.
9. Since SARS-CoV-2 may be vulnerable to oxidation, patients will be asked to rinse with 1.5% hydrogen peroxide prior to all dental procedures.
10. The production of aerosols will be reduced as much as possible. For now, we will eliminate ultrasonic scaling and prioritize hand scaling instead. We have replaced air driven high speed handpieces with electric ones. We may also suggest the use of a rubber dam during your procedure.
11. As always, handwashing and the use of alcohol based hand sanitizers before and after each patient are standard. We will also encourage patients to do the same to minimize the spread of the virus.
12. Patient flow will be directed so as to minimize contact with other patients entering or leaving the office.
13. Appointments will be longer and fewer patients will be seen to allow adequate time for these newly implemented safety measures.
14. Frequent disinfection will be performed throughout the day of non-clinical areas such as bathrooms, door handles, reception desk, etc.
15. Other staff safety measures are in place to protect us and our families. No clothing or shoes worn in the office by staff will leave. All laundry will be done onsite or through a service. Jewelry will be at a minimum. Phones will remain in lockers or in barriers of some sort.
We encourage you, our patients, to ask us questions. The more you know, the more comfortable and confident you will be. We respect the trust you have placed in us and we will continue to exceed your expectations. As always, we treat our patients like family and we want our families to stay safe, stay healthy, and stay happy.
Stacy Lesley, DDS
Stacy Lesley DDS, PLLC specializes in making your smile beautiful, maintaining your dental health, and helping you improve your appearance. Our experienced and friendly staff takes great pride in keeping your smile beautiful. Our promise to you is that the veneers, fillings, crowns, and bridges we create will look as good as or better than the teeth nature gave you. And to make sure we keep that promise, the products we recommend and use are the highest quality and incredibly durable. You can trust your smile with us. We are proud to offer care for you and your family. We see children from 1 year old to adults that are 100 years old!